Eligibility : Must be currently enrolled in a foreign college or university (NTHU Sister University Students enjoy discounts)
Registration Information : online registration only, please click Here to fill out the form.
* National Tsing Hua University Global Summer School (GSS) reserves the right to admit or decline students.
* Students holding a People's Republic of China passport must apply for a Taiwan Entrance Permit by The National Immigration Agency, Taiwan, ROC and must pay the Fee USD 25 in advance. (Note: Students should apply for “往來台灣通行證” by themselves).
* Please be sure to purchase and obtain a medical and accident insurance before your arrival. During your stay in Taiwan, the insurance should cover medical and hospital expenses for sickness or accidents. Medical or hospital expenses are expected to be paid at the time of treatment in Taiwan.
Program Schedule : July. 17 to Aug. 2, 2020
|Jul 20||Welcome Party/歡迎會|
|Jul 20-22,Jul 27-29||Lecture/專業課程|
|Jul 23-24, Jul 30||Exploring Taiwan/體驗課程|
|Jul 25, Aug 1||Culture Tours/文化之旅|
|Jul 31||Farewell Party/歡送會|
2 In-class Lectures(total 36 hours, offer 2 credits): choose 2 courses among course1-6
2 Culture Tours(National Palace Museum,Sun Moon Lake)
1 In-class Lectures(total 18 hours, offer 1 credit): choose 2 courses among course1-6
1 Experiencing Taiwan course(total 18 hours, offer 1 credit):contains campus tour, field trips, film making course, craftsmanship lesson, institution visits and savoring traditional taiwanese cuisine.
2 Culture Tours(National Palace Museum, Sun Moon Lake)
Optional choice(Additional Fee)
We offer three optional choices for students who want to experience more during our program period.
After choosing either Program A or Program B, Student may enjoy course below with an additional payment of USD200 for each course.
1. Course7-Exploring Taiwan:18 hours, offer 1 credit
2. Course8-Basic Mandarin Course: 18 hours, 1 credit
3. One more in-class lecture: 18 hours, 1 cedit, choose 1 more course among course1-6
For example, students who choose Program A could pay additional USD400 for Exploring Taiwan and Basic Mandarin Course.
For example, students who choose Program B could pay additional USD200 for the second course, making it total 2 in-class lectures.
|Course1||Mon. Tue. Wed.
|Art and Urban Culture: the West and the Local/藝術與城市文化||Prof. Lin Chang/張琳教授|
|Course2||Mon. Tue. Wed.
|Biodegradable Polymers in Biology, Medicine, and Environment/生物、醫學和環境中的可降解高分子||Prof. Jane Wang/王潔教授|
|Course3||Mon. Tue. Wed.
|The Basics for Globalization Management/全球化運籌管理導論||Prof. Shu-shiuan Lu/盧姝璇教授|
|Course4||Mon. Tue. Wed.
|How to make a smart decision/聰明決策||Prof. Cheng, Kuo-Tai/鄭國泰教授|
|Course5||Mon. Tue. Wed.
|Contemporary life science and your life
|Prof. Yu-Chun Lin, Prof. Chuan-Chin Chao, Prof. Tsung-Han Kuo/
|Course6||Mon. Tue. Wed.
|Introduction to Integrated Circuit Processing/積體電路製程概論||Prof. Ta-Jen Yen/嚴大任教授|
|Exploring Taiwan: Introduction of the Silicon Valley in Taiwan
|Course8||Mon. Tue. Wed. 18:00~21:0||Basic Mandarin Course/初級華語課程||Ms. Yu-Ying Jiang/江郁瑩講師|
1.Courses might be suspended if there are less than 5 students.
2.All the courses are offered in English, except the Basic Mandarin Course and cultural tours.
Program Fee :
(1) 2,400 USD* Including courses(either Program A or Program B), housing, two cultural tours and two parties.
(2) Discounted price of 2,000 USD for students from our partner universities.
(3)We charge additional 200 USD for each of the optional courses.
1.2 students, each of you may enjoy 50 USD discount.
2.3 students, each of you may enjoy 80 USD discount.
3.4 students and above, each of you may enjoy 100 USD discount.
It fine to enjoy partner universities discount and group discount together.
|Bank Name: Bank of Taiwan, Hsinchu Branch
Swift Address: BKTWTWTP015
Account Number: 015036070041
Account Name: NATIONAL TSING HUA UNIVERSITY
Address:No.29 Linsen RD. Hsinchu,300 Taiwan, R.O.C.
Note: Office of Global Affairs (Summer School)