National Applied Research Laboratories Summer Internship Program 2017 Announcement
National Applied Research Laboratories (NARLabs) will be offering summer internship opportunities to international students during the summer of 2017. Through this program, NARLabs intends to provide summer internship positions to undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. international students interested in a hands-on research and practical experience at one of NARLabs’ research centers. The goal of the program is to introduce students to scientific and technological development in Taiwan.
The summer internship will be a full-time 8-week program starting from July 3 to August 25, 2017.
The applicant must:
• be an international degree student at NTHU
- Priority will be given to students who are nationals of ASEAN and South Asia as well as New Zealand and Australia but other international students are welcome to apply
- PRC, Hong Kong and Macau nationals are currently not eligible
• be proficient in English or Chinese
• be in a field of study related to one of NARLab’s research centers: (other centers are not included in NTHU-NARLabs Summer Internship Program 2017)
- National Nano Device Laboratories (NDL)
- National Center for High-performance Computing (NCHC)
- National Chip Implementation Center (CIC)
- Instrument Technology Research Center (ITRC)
- National Space Organization (NSPO)
Other Internship Conditions
• No pay during the entire duration of the summer internship program.
• School dorm can be arranged if needed (paid by students) during the entire duration of the summer internship program.
• At the end of the summer internship program, the student is required to submit a report to both NARLabs and NTHU.(file download)
NARLabs may provide a certain amount of scholarship upon successful completion of the summer internship program. The amount will be disbursed to the student at the end of the program at the discretion of NARLabs. The amount may be determined based on the student’s performance during the program or other factors NARLabs deems important at the time.
• application form of NARLabs (file download)
• application for of NTHU (file download)
• at least 2 recommendation forms (file download)
• latest official academic transcript
• a copy of student ID card
• a copy of the photo page of passport
• a headshot photo
• English or Chinese proficiency test scores
Please note that all submitted material will not be returned.
Please refer to the Application Guidelines for full details. (must read) All required application documents are to be sent by email to email@example.com
Please contact National Tsing Hua University Office of Global Affairs
-Ms. Hilary Chang
-Tel: 03-5715131 ext.33428
All required application documents must be received by 3 PM April 17th, 2017 (GMT+8).
Results will be announced by May 3rd, 2017.